• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TOP OF THE LINE BUILD...for 2006 Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Friends don't let friends use 7 year old PSUs.

That statement sounds like someone that's rich and only drives a 2012 or newer, LOL. (The type that thinks a 7 year old car is ready for the junk yard, like the ones that heavily supported the "cash for clunkers" program)

(I now can hear someone bashing another one for driving a 2003 Grand Cherokee, LOL) (Just because it's not a 2014 or the like)

(Was someone brainwashed into thinking that brand new is always better?!) (While that's often the case with motherboards, I dunno about PSUs, especially the FSPs)

(Sounds like one of those folks that will throw a 2 year old TV into a landfill)

Last edited:
RJARRR, We have old PSUs that we've had since new (I blew up my S12-650w in 08 & got a new one on RMA - still using it). Would you use one from ebay that old? I wouldn't. I think that's everyone else's point.

I'm still driving my user name - 03 F150. :)

RJARRR, We have old PSUs that we've had since new (I blew up my S12-650w in 08 & got a new one on RMA - still using it). Would you use one from ebay that old? I wouldn't. I think that's everyone else's point.

I'm still driving my user name - 03 F150. :)

That sux!

eBay is teh suck for a lot of things! Wouldn't be surprised if they had visibly failed caps when the seller is denying anything being wrong.....

While I agree that XP is long in the tooth and that we should get a system at least 2011-ish.

I'm just bummed that a bunch of folks think XP x64 sux, sounds like they're a victim of the recent anti-XP propaganda.

I think Microsoft is so desperate to get folks on Windows 8x, even when folks oppose Windows 8x heftily!

Last edited:
I'm pretty surprised the FSP is still going actually. What brand caps are in that thing?

I drive a beat up 98 base model civic, with dent and rust, for reference.

My weekender is a 1968 Olds Cutlass S convertible. If you don't abuse old, old can last. ;)
Olds_HDR.jpg

Fuhjyyu is absolute complete garbage.
Teapo and CapXon are decent if well cooled. OST I have mixed feelings on. My 5 year old Corsair PSU is dead due to a swollen Ost.

Back