• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TPower i45 bios ??????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

keny

I'm new to clocking 775 and to be honest the bios has got me confused as hell:bang head

I am a AMD guy that has dabbled in clocking a 3570K but i'm far from expert on that platform, so if you are reference anything in the pics could you try and reference it (if possible) to a coinciding setting on AMD. I have only messed around on this board for around a hour and my head was mashed as to what setting was doing what to the board:confused: I have attatched a few pics for you too look at and try and give me some sort of idea what setting does what and the max limit on air and cold for those settings, i know its pretty old skool tech but its worth big points on the bot (if i can figure it out) and what setting is adjusted to achieve the big fsb numbers, as i am maxxed out at 450 on the current chip installed (E2140) but i think that's the chips limit on air :shrug:

This seems like some sort of ram divider?
main.jpg

GTL ???????
voltages.jpg

Absolutely no idea :rofl:
skews.jpg

I don't have the time right now to post an explanation of each of those settings, but I'll explain what the FSB to NorthBridge Latch setting refers to, by re-posting one of my earlier posts from a couple years back. My response was in reference to a Gigabyte P45 board and the System Memory Multiplier option, but the concept is the same.

redduc900 said:
The letters refer to Gigabytes representation of the four available NB straps, also called MCH Strap, MCH Latch, and CPU/NB Strap CPU As. The straps are predefined specific latencies at different NB FSB speeds. There's a strap for when the NB FSB is 1066Mhz and under, 1333Mhz FSB and under, 1600Mhz FSB and under, etc. When you go from the 1066Mhz FSB strap to the 1333Mhz FSB strap, the north bridge's internal latencies loosen to allow for greater stability.

A strap: 266=1066FSB
B strap: 333=1333FSB
C strap: 200=800FSB
D strap: 400=1600FSB

As you can see from the chart, each strap has it's own available System Memory Multipliers. So in your case w/ the System Memory Multiplier set to 2.66D, and assuming a FSB of 395MHz w/ the x10 multiplier = 3.95GHz, the resultant DRAM frequency is 1050MHz on the 400MHz D strap.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 91
I don't have the time right now to post an explanation of each of those settings, but I'll explain what the FSB to NorthBridge Latch setting refers to, by re-posting one of my earlier posts from a couple years back. My response was in reference to a Gigabyte P45 board and the System Memory Multiplier option, but the concept is the same.

Ahhh , so it is basically a ram ratio divider, allowing for high fsb while reducing the stress on the ram clock ?

Thanks redduc900 that's that one explained :thup:

It's also the NB multiplier to an extent, some ratios don't work for beans on some boards. The 400MHz latch for instance rarely works well on P45 boards.

The GTL bits are the point where 0 changes to 1 in the FSB signalling if I recall correctly. Sometimes a bit higher will help stabilize a FSB level. Sometimes a bit lower will.

The skews are tiny adjustments to the clocks (CPU and NB(MCH)), sometimes setting them will let you stabilize an OC a bit. The clocks drift a touch at higher speeds, the skew lets you bring them back into synchronization. Of course you're doing this in the dark if you don't have a scope capable of 6GHz bandwidth...

CPU Clock Driving Control is a new one on me, what are the possible settings?

Chipset voltage is almost certainly an adjustment to NB voltage. Stock is 1.2, ~1.4v is safe on air if the NB heatsink stays cool. More than that can generally be survived if you keep the NB cool. Go easy on it, there aren't that many of those boards left. Higher NB volts will give you higher FSB maximum, to a point.

FSB Voltage is almost certainly an adjustment to VTT. (High side drive voltage for FSB signalling.) Higher often stabilizes a FSB speed, too high and the CPU dies. Stock is 1.1 or 1.2v (don't remember which), max 24/7 is said to be 1.4v, for benching..... who knows.

It's also the NB multiplier to an extent, some ratios don't work for beans on some boards. The 400MHz latch for instance rarely works well on P45 boards.

The GTL bits are the point where 0 changes to 1 in the FSB signalling if I recall correctly. Sometimes a bit higher will help stabilize a FSB level. Sometimes a bit lower will.

The skews are tiny adjustments to the clocks (CPU and NB(MCH)), sometimes setting them will let you stabilize an OC a bit. The clocks drift a touch at higher speeds, the skew lets you bring them back into synchronization. Of course you're doing this in the dark if you don't have a scope capable of 6GHz bandwidth...

CPU Clock Driving Control is a new one on me, what are the possible settings?

Chipset voltage is almost certainly an adjustment to NB voltage. Stock is 1.2, ~1.4v is safe on air if the NB heatsink stays cool. More than that can generally be survived if you keep the NB cool. Go easy on it, there aren't that many of those boards left. Higher NB volts will give you higher FSB maximum, to a point.

FSB Voltage is almost certainly an adjustment to VTT. (High side drive voltage for FSB signalling.) Higher often stabilizes a FSB speed, too high and the CPU dies. Stock is 1.1 or 1.2v (don't remember which), max 24/7 is said to be 1.4v, for benching..... who knows.

Awesome info Ed :thup: just what I was looking for, as for the CPU clock driving, I think all them options in that area are adjusted in mv up to 1000mv if I remember correctly, I have played with them but they don't seem to do much,

Hmm, don't know what that'd be exactly. I'd say PLL if it weren't for PLL being elsewhere.

I'm not realy that bothered about them settings tbh as they did not seem to make a lot of difference when testing, the main ones I was concerned about we're the fsb and chipset settings as I have never come across 2 seperate settings that help fsb and then the NB voltage also (which is confusing me as I thought that was the chipset!!)

NB = MCH = half the chipset.
SB = IOH = Other half, generally not relevant.

NB = MCH = half the chipset.
SB = IOH = Other half, generally not relevant.
Ahhhh get it now. So the fsb voltage, pumps voltage into the CPU not the board chipset ? (Like CPU NB on amd?) but it does the same as putting voltage into the mobo NB on amd ? (Helps with that little extra fsb) sorry if I sound confusing, I'm just trying to figure these out before I go balls out.

FSB voltage is literally the voltage on the FSB, think HT Voltage on AMD.
FSB is significantly older and cruder, but it's the same thing.

AMD and Intel aren't overly similar to OC, you may have better luck learning from scratch than trying to convert AMD terms to Intel, outside the basic VCore bit.

Back