• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trinity On The Desktop: A10, A8, And A6 Get Benchmarked!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
BD has been tested with w8. Last I saw the performance improvements via scheduling were negligible. Certainly not 5%. Though there may be sine improvements I wouldn't hold my breath for a significant one.

Really that's grasping at straws to me. Chasing ipc improvements through an os is like trying to catch a greased pig.

BD has been tested with w8. Last I saw the performance improvements via scheduling were negligible. Certainly not 5%. Though there may be sine improvements I wouldn't hold my breath for a significant one.

Really that's grasping at straws to me. Chasing ipc improvements through an os is like trying to catch a greased pig.

I take your point and agree pinning hopes on a new OS to improve things is not a good idea, but that's not what i'm doing, i probably will not be using win 8 anyway....

I pin hopes on AMD delivering on there promise to improve performance per watt and bring up the IPC performance by 15%, i don't think its unreasonable to will that on or take comfort from 'this' review pointing in the right direction for that.
But i'm not dafft, i know more reviews are needed but i also trust Toms in that they know what their doing.

Yes i know about the tests your talking about, for the most part gaming in Win 8 is mostly anything from 0 or a negligible -3% to +3%, with 1 or 2 to + 10% at most.

Its the same with benching apps like Cinebench and Supper PI giving negligible + or -

Yet productivity benchmarks like PCMark are showing signs of improvements, some again at 0% but others going up 10% to 20% and one even hitting 40%.

There is nothing negligible about that :)

Last edited:
I suspect an IPC increase of between 3-8% will be likely. Possibly more for some tasks. We'll see an increase for Intel also purely because of better multi core support.

Exactly.

Though I haven't seen BD on w8 show 40% improvement. Must have mussed that one test. :p

Nose out of the phone. Thanks again for the link and yup, 40% in one benchmark, ~10/20 two others. Looks like heavy multi threading benefits from the improved scheduler in a synthetic application (would love to see those gains in real applications that transcode), out side of that, no gains or its actually slower in W8.

Looks like heavy multi threading benefits from the improved scheduler in a synthetic application, out side of that, no gains or its actually slower in W8.

By synthetic are you suggesting the application is in somewhat fake?

That the results it brings mean absolutely nothing, that they bare no relation to anything other that its self? it in no way translates to real world work?

:rofl: No... not quite saying that.

Synthetic results give you a fair enough measure to give one a general idea of performance. However, until you use a REAL application (that transcodes, manipulates images, etc) in that (W8)environment shows what you can actually take away from it. Hell, there could even be BETTER results with a real application.

:rofl: No... not quite saying that.

Synthetic results give you a fair enough measure to give one a general idea of performance. However, until you use a REAL application (that transcodes, manipulates images, etc) in that (W8)environment shows what you can actually take away from it. Hell, there could even be BETTER results with a real application.

Alright :p now stop laughing at me :cry: its not 'that' funny :p

Attachments

• 388308_10150496619184528_336761774527_8526706_1521496779_n.jpg
    388308_10150496619184528_336761774527_8526706_1521496779_n.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 34
OMG! Thats hilarious! :rofl:

On another note, syntehetic benchies are only good for showing a particular type of workload though they're typically not overly useful for showing off real world useage. I don't think he intended to say they were fake ;)

Back