• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trouble with a Sapphire X1950 Pro AGP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ishakir

Hello guys,

I recently upgraded my X800 AGP to a new X1950 Pro AGP made by Sapphire. When I turned on the computer after installation, all that the PC would do was spin all the case / cpu / gpu fans to full and not post at all. I was getting no display to screen, no beeps, not hard drive spinning - NOTHING. I popped my X800 back in and it worked great. I figured it was my power supply so I went a bought a 650W PSU with a dual channel 12V rail each rated at 20A (the card requires around 33A) to no avail. Any clue what the problem could be? All the computer does is spin the fans and nothing else with the X1950 in.

The rest of the rig is in the sig below...

Best regards,
Ishakir

Just a thought...

I have an X1950GT PCIe that went dark on me five minutes into setting up the BIOS settings on the initial startup of my latest C2D build. I carefully looked at the 6pin power connector and the seating of the card in the slot. I was about to RMA the thing after several hours of struggling with it but I gave it one more go over to see if anything jumped out.

I turned out that even though that auxiliary 6pin plug was inserted, it wasn't in all the way. I had to push it in real hard until I finally heard the click.

Now it works fine.

Make sure that auxiliary socket in the card is allowing you to get good electrical contact.

Audioaficionado said:
Make sure that auxiliary socket in the card is allowing you to get good electrical contact.

Word. I had that problem as well. It looks like it happens to alot of people on ATI cards.

Same thing happened to me three different times.

I had the same thing happen to me three times and it was 3 different things each time that cause the problem. These were at different times when I modded the computer.

The first time this happened, I hadn't removed the drivers from the previous geoforce I had in there, so I figured it would automatically boot into the onboard gpu and had hooked up the monitor to the mobo gpu slot.
NOTHING?
I didn't think it would work without any drivers, but I hooked up the monitor to the gpu card and it worked! It was on the lowest settings, but I could then get it set up properly.

The 2ndtime this happened, it was the gpu card wasn't seated all the the way. Just a tad out. Reseated and end of problem.

The 3rd time this happened, since had just upgraded a new psu and had looked to see if it was set on 115. It was. Several hours later I still couldn't get the screen up even though the computer seemed to be running, lights, fans and all. I went back to the psu and switched it to 220 and back to 115 and lo behold when I clicked it all the way over, you could barely see the 115. So I restarted the computer and it ran fine. So there must have been just enough power to turn on some things but not the card.

The moral of this story is there can be many different reasons why the computer seems to work but no screen.

have you got both dual molexes plugged in off separate cables from the psu? the gfx card needs to be the first device on both cables. you can then daisy chain your other molex devices from the card. :)

i have the same card and it's worked flawlessly for me. :)

Back