• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trouble with NV RAID Setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GML3G0

SOLVED

I have an Abit AN8 Ultra with the latest nForce drivers (SMBus [IDE], Network, and this other option were ticked - basically, everything except audio was installed). I bought two Maxtor (rebadged 7200.10) drives and I used the NVRaid Utility in the BIOS and set up the mirror array between the two Maxtor drives. Computer boots from my Raptor, but when in Windows, Device Manager sees the two Maxtor drives individually but has a question mark next to them. I don't know how to format them and use them. nvraidman.exe doesn't see anything. Also, I notice that when my computer shuts down now, the fans stay running after the OS itself shuts down.

Last edited:
OK, I went into Device Manager and there was an unknown device, so I used the RAID driver on the floppy and I'm formatting the drives right now. For some reason though, it could be because of the latest chipset drivers, every time I shutdown or restart, everything powers down with the exception of the fans and power supply. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Back