• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Troubles with mouse and keyboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Melhisedek

Hello there folks,
well lately I've noticed strange behavior with both my Deathadder and my Qpad keyboard, but mostly mouse tbh. Mouse would start acting as if I'm repeatedly clicking the left button and only the left button. Like if I hold it pressed words and lines would start getting highlighted.
And this happens only when I'm holding the left button, not otherwise. And clicking is random (I can tell from holding it pressed in address bar of my browser)

This morning I noticed that keyboard was doing the same thing. Like just started randomly repeating a key that I pressed last.

AFAIK I have no viruses or malware. This is on Win8 with all the latest updates for all the hardware. Sadly I don't have another mouse so I can't really test this but I'm hoping it is some software fault.

Any ideas?

What have you tried on your own?

Removed the mouse/keyboard out of the ports and plugged them back in?
Switched USB ports?
Uninstall and reinstall the software?

Yeah basically did all the basic troubleshooting. I even uninstalled Razer drivers and let mouse use the Windows drivers and it was the same.
So only when I press the button does it start to go crazy and only the left one. Can be a faulty mouse I guess

Back