• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trying to decide on a new Pc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Luc

Base Features
Processor Type Intel Core i7-3770
Processor Speed 3.4 GHz
Processor Cores 4
RAM 16GB (1600 MHz DDR3)
Hard Drive Capacity 2 TB
Hard Drive Speed (Revolutions Per Minute) 7200 RPM
Optical Drive 8X Blu-Ray Combo
Graphics Card NVIDIA GT630 2GD3
Pre-loaded Operating System Windows 8
Graphics
Dedicated Video Memory Yes
Shared Video Memory Not Applicable
Video Memory 2 GB
TV Tuner Not Applicable
Display
Built-in Monitor No
HDCP Compliant No
Screen Size/Type Not Applicable
Native Screen Resolution Not Applicable
Touchscreen Display No
Audio
Sound Card ALC892
Audio Output High Definition Audio
Speakers No
Speaker Wattage Not Applicable
Integrated Microphone No
Microphone Input 1 x Front; 1 x Back
Line-In Input 1 x Back
Line Out 1 x Front; 1 x Back
Digital Input No
Digital Output 1 x Back
PSU-300w

Heres the link if my post is difficult to read. Apologies If i posted this in the wrong section. (never posted before) http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...515&path=6513522f7abf8a03ac3fdb6b8e464c01en02

Last edited:
The general concensus around here will be to build it yourself and take advantage of the support of the forums here. If you're against that, I would suggest giving some information about what you are using this PC for. Gaming? Do you use anything that is going to take advantage of the extra cost of an i7 vs and i5? Do you really want a PC with Windows 8 (not sure how many pre-builts still offer 7 actually)? 300W PSU - I wouldn't expect much room to upgrade the GPU in the future if you wanted. We'll need a bit more information to give a good response.

We all could do a better job of building than that especially a 300w PSU would not trust that to much! But still each to there own as they say?

Building it yourself really is the way to go, I feel silly for ever using those pre-builder sites. You can get better parts with the rather excessive premium that those companies charge you to put it all together. Plus, it helps you learn about computers, by a lot. I've learned, for one thing, that putting them together (so far, untill something I do doesn't wokr =P) is much easier than it sounds and all connections are pretty standardized.

Plus, you never know what garbage parts they're inserting that they're not telling you about. For me, it was the fans, on my previous purchase (listed in old in my sig) they can't keep up with the i7 960s heat output. When you build it yourself, you know EXACTLY which parts go into your PC, I have a Yate Loon, 3 Cougars, and 6 Cooler Master fans in my new build. Know exactly what quality PSU is being put in, some sites don't even tell you they just list the wattage.

Back