• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trying to get OC to stick on Tiachi X370 with new 4.4 bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sb43

Registered
I flashed the bios to 4.4 on my Tiachi X370. Is anyone familiar with this version? And can anyone give me a "step-by-step" on overclocking this new version. I think I did everything right., except I couldn't find C6 to disable it.I OC'd it last night to 3.85, got my memory to 3200, and she was running fine. I ran Cinebench and got a #1 score, and I ran Prime95 for about 4 hours and she just kept getting it! IDK
Got up this morning and booted her up, and she tried to post 4 or 5 times then finally came on, and was back at 3.6??????

Probably a failed memory training. In BIOS disable fast boot in the boot section and try disabling fast start-up in Windows power plan> buttons
Make sure your DRAM boot voltage is set the same or slightly higher than the running DRAM voltage

When I tried to OC it, she went into boot loop. I did exactly the same thing I did in 4.0, but she wouldn't post.

Id reset to defaults and try again...see whats up. I cant imagine overclocking is bisted on a bios?

I did buddy. I'm on 4.0 again. I ran Cinebench, and memtest for a while, and it did,'t flinch. I wanna restart her, but I'm afraid of failure. But, I will.

Well, i meant to stick with the latest bios and gove it a whirl. Reset that bios to defaults and start again. I bet it wasnt far off...

I'm a firm believer in "if it ain't broke don't fix it" While I still had the R5 1600X in the CH6 I tried one of the new BIOS intended for Ryzen+ and I also reverted back to the one I had been using. Since updating the board with an R5 2600 I needed a BIOS update and it works just fine. I know the CPUs are "almost" identical but obviously they're not and I do believe (no testing just general observation of my own and in the forums) that they run better with a BIOS intended for them.

Agreed. But I OC'd it last night made a dew voltage changes, and she passed Prime95 all night, Memtest for a couple hours (I got tired and quit). I think I got her dialed in at 3.8. I'm happy now. Thanks for all of yalls help.

So....isnt 3.8ghz the all core boost value at stock? Doesnt it use xfr to hit 4-4.1 ghz anyway (with a couple of cores)?

Back