• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trying to overclock my pc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alsaloum8

Hello ,

Im new to this forum and i want to get into overclocking , do you guys have any tips or guides for overclocking an fx 8370?

My currect build is :

msi 970a gaming pro carbon - mobo
fx 8370 - cpu
coolermaster masterliquid ml120l- cooling
cooler master masterbox lite 5- case
evga 600w 80 plus- PSU
msi GTX 1050 - GPU
8gb hyperx fury ddr3- RAM

Your cooling solution is inadequate for overclocking that CPU. People overclocking the eight core AMD FX CPUs find they need 360 rads to get very far at all.

Your motherboard is probably only adequate for a mild overclock. MSI power phase components for AMD FX overclocking were generally too weak. There were only a few motherboards in that AMD technology generation that we would deem adequate for the task you are intending and none of them were made by MSI. The 8 core FX CPUs pulled enormous amounts of power (250-300 watts) when overclocking and produced enormous amounts of heat. Hence, top tier motherboard power phase components and top tier AIO liquid cooling was necessary.

Last edited:
Back