• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fx 8300 help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vladishaa

My specs:
CPU: fx 8300
MoBo: gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P
Ram: 8GB 1866mhz ddr3
gpu: gtx 1050 ti
PSU:600W
cooler: cooler master masterliquid ml240l rgb

So yesterday i tried to overclock my cpu and i achieved 4.2 ghz very stable on 1.420-1.440 Vcore but then today i loaded default settings to see something and when i did put same settings my speed started randomly droping to 2.9 ghz (check pic).
Im pretty sure it isnt thermal throttling since i have 40-50 c. Ive tried restarting cmos but its still same. I hope someone can help me:cry:. Screenshot (81).png

:welcome:

Check the power options in Windows/control panel and any BIOS option you may have turned on for power savings, like Spread Spectrum/Cool'n'quiet/C1-C6/AMD turbo. Turning these off will allow all cores to run at max speed all the time.

Thanks for reply!

:welcome:

Check the power options in Windows/control panel and any BIOS option you may have turned on for power savings, like Spread Spectrum/Cool'n'quiet/C1-C6/AMD turbo. Turning these off will allow all cores to run at max speed all the time.

All settings were previously disabled except Spread Spectrum i went through my whole bios and i couldn`t find it.:bang head

The VRM component on that motherboard is weak and will not support more than a small overclock with those power hungry FX CPUs. I hope you haven't damaged the motherboard from your overclock yesterday.

The VRM component on that motherboard is weak and will not support more than a small overclock with those power hungry FX CPUs. I hope you haven't damaged the motherboard from your overclock yesterday.

:shock: i mean it wa below 1.5 v so i hope i didnt. is there a way that i can check that?
and also i read somewhere that vrms can be safe up to 120c or something and im pretty sure mine didnt go above 60

What you need to find is APM and disable it in BIOS if it has it. Your CPU is throttling due to current this was very common on FX with lower tiered boards especially Gigabyte

What you need to find is APM and disable it in BIOS if it has it. Your CPU is throttling due to current this was very common on FX with lower tiered boards especially Gigabyte

OMG:clap::clap: you are legend:attn::attn::attn: it works thank you all for helping me in 1 day :D Screenshot (82).png

Back