• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trying to solve an issue with choppy Audio and Video

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fugu

This issue has just sprung up lately and it's eluding me very well as to how to fix it.

Main issue is when I listen to streaming audio through Windows media player via a .asx file 192kb/s stream is not at all enjoyable and a 128kb/s stream plays but gets choppy randomly every 2 minutes or so.

Youtube plays well as usual but I tried watching Cosmos on Globaltv.com

This is exactely where I was

http://www.globaltv.com/cosmos/vide...osts/watch.html?v=210537027940&p=1&s=da#video

My diagnostics have included:

Resetting modem, moving my computers lan cable to a different port on router, changing cables, clearing browser history and cache, reinstalling Realtek lan drivers (uninstall, reset , install).
I have free harddrive space and after checking windows performance i'm not using up all my bandwith or CPU or ram..

If I fire up my computer next to me it plays audio and video streams with no problem..

Quite stumped. Where should I look now?:comp:

If I fire up my computer next to me it plays audio and video streams with no problem..
I assume this would rule out any issues with your network. Do you have any codec packs installed, stuff like that?

Try wiping out Flash and reinstalling it from a fresh download

Back