• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

trying to start a download at a certain time

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shant

so im trying to use the blizzard downloader at a certain time when im asleep, i would use windows task scheduler but problem is the downloader asks where to save the file every time you launch it,i googled a bit and there seemed to be a way to extract the .torrent file out of it, but not any more, any alternatives?

What's the name of the Blizzard downloader executable, and where do you want to save the downloaded file to? You should be able to just add the following parameters to the Task Scheduler Properties screen...

Code:
C:\Blizzard_Downloader.exe "Path to the URL" "Path to the directory where you want to save the downloaded file"

Shant, start the download and then exit the downloader. Next time you launch it, it won't ask. I assume you are downloading the MoP Beta. I did this last night.

im trying to download different video files, so its different downloads, im going to save them on the desktop
thideras, i tried that, it always asks which shouldn't, the download resumes when you save it at the same place

habbajabba,does that take over blizzard entertainment's executable downloads ?

Not sure but per the site:

"Alternatively, start the background downloader and check the end of Logs\BackgroundDownload.log for a message like this:

Creating cache file C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Cache\BackgroundDownload.torrent

This .torrent file can be used with any BitTorrent client."

The downloader itself is a torrent client & will seed parts to others while you are downloading so this should work. Why not create a batch file to run the downloader at a specific time. Also you have the free SystemScheduler which I found to be much better than the windows one.
http://www.splinterware.com/products/wincron.htm
Runs totally independently of the MS Windows Task Scheduler and has no dependencies on it.

Last edited:
yes but this isn't a warcraft patch im trying to download so there is no "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Cache\BackgroundDownload.torrent "
im not very good at making batch files or adding properties to the task scheduler, can anyone give me a step by step very detailed instructions on how to do it with the windows task scheduler ? like redduc900 suggested?

Back