• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tuniq CPU Coller tower Silencing: Swich ON and OFF the fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SergS

Hello guys,

I have a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H WIFI Mobo
I7 3770K Processor with a Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme CPU

http://tuniq.com.tw/Cooler_Info/Tower-120-Extreme.htm

I am building my first custom pc. Maybe I shall add a new thread with the build log.

I wanted to know if anyone has tried running with the CPU fan OFF. I mean it seems like a awful big CPU Heatsink... I just find the whole fan on it very loud, I actually replaced it with another silent one i had laying arround..

I have no idea how to add the photo... here is a link:

https://app.box.com/s/or00vu6lxhm0eisptqt4
or00vu6lxhm0eisptqt4

You could try it, but you might not be able to OC. Also, because the HS is designed to be used with fans, the fin density is high enough that reducing it would probably result in better passive cooling.

According to your first link, it came with a fan controller? Does it not work to turn the fan off? Could use it to gradually lower your fan speed until it turns off and watch your temps at the same time to see if this is a good idea or not.

Have you tried a PWM fan and adjusting the fan settings via mobo?

The fan is never off... even at the lowest setting.

The only PWN fan i got won't fit in the HS, as you can read on the description the fan is housed inside the HS.

And i find it l too loud even at the lowest setting probably because i have it on a carton box next to me.

I do not really trust the apps that measure temperature could you give me some hints on what are you using? I use HWiNFO64 according to it, highest temps are around 40 Celsius. That is not so bad.

The Gigabyte GA Z77X UD5H i have has some built-in safeguards and shuts the pc off when a certain temperature is reached. but I prefer not to risk it.

And i just realized that the black wire from the fan controller is detached... i wil have to fix it tomorrow.

:D

I wouldn't do it at all.

I would get a case and be done with it.

Back