• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Two newly acquired cases, what to do?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pcgamer4life

Two newly acquired cases, what to do? *pics now*

Today instead of going to school, the sophomore get to job-shadow a career of their choice, I chose computer building/repair. I want to a local computer repair shop (sponsored by intel and microsoft) and got to build around 10 computers today, as I was leaving they had 4 cases they were going to throw away because they were "damaged" (one TINY dent in the top) so I told them I'd take them off their hands, so I got two of them. I'll post pictures in a few minutes, but they're rather small (that's why I got two) and I don't know what to do with them, I have no components to put inside, but I figure I'll attempt a case mod. Ideas? I'm sure it will be better once I get some pictures up.

[edit] here's the pics.
10000919ux.jpg

10000920qg.jpg

10000936lx.jpg

Last edited:
Pics and a shorter sig would help. You probably def. want to add some blowholes though.

I was thinking about putting them together one way or another, pics will be up in a few minutes.

dude man, i had job shadowing as a fresh man (last year) mine sucked, i wish i was you. I too just got my new case (chieftec full tower and dayum its huge)

Yea cut a blowhole, preferably 120mm. Next cut a 120mm intake. That should help the airflow out alot. Oh and dont forget a sidepanel fan

I thought about doing it vertically, but it seemed sort of useless to have all the extra space with nothing to put in it. I thought about joining them somehow and making one of them a CD storage type thing, but I doubt I'll do that.

Stick them together so that one side is left-handed (upside-down). The only thing you would need to modify inside the case to accomplish this would be a new set of screw holes for the 5.25" drive cages.

I pulled the cases back out today, and I got an idea.

I'm thinking of laying one on its side, and standing the other one upright, and mounting them together like that, like an L. I like this idea the most, putting the motherboard in the case laying on the ground, with a window on the top, and all my drives in the other portion that's upright. If I had a water-cooling setup, I'd have room to put it in there, probably.. but I don't, and I'm not going to buy one, lol. This will be an extremely "cool" case, I have 20 80mm fans on the way, so I'll use most in this case. I'm probably going to use dual PSUs, one for lights/fans, the other for components. As soon as I get a set plan, I'll make this an official project.

(click for larger version)
is the idea, I hope to have 4 fans in the front of the case laying down, and a window on the top of it (which is really the sidepanel) The motherboard and lights will be in there. In the "tower" portion, I'll hopefully have the hard drive, floppy, and CD drive, along with a fan controller, if it's in my budget. I'll have some fans where the two cases meet that will allow air from the left case to blow into the right case, I might use some ducts. I'll hopefully have both PSUs in the left case, if wires are long enough, and I'll find something else to add in the left case to fill up the rest of the room. How does this sound?

Back