• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UEFI update bricked bios?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Irakli

Registered
I've installed UEFI bios update on my Gigabyte GA-Z68M-D2H. Everything went okay, it told me to turn off my computer, plug out power cord and turn it again to finish installation, I didn't plug out power cord just turned off and then on my PC, after that nothing works, no video output, nothing, it's a black screen. I tried to reset cmos, took out battery for couple of hours, shorted clr_cmos pins with screwdriver but it has no effect at all. I really, really don't know what to do now. Can someone help me, please? :confused:

Let me get this right: The original bios is a NON UEFI (Standard older bios) correct? And you went ahead and flashed a UEFI bios (modern bios)?

Let me get this right: The original bios is a NON UEFI (Standard older bios) correct? And you went ahead and flashed a UEFI bios (modern bios)?
Yes, I did

No, I did it with usb drive, it isn't possible from @BioS I think.

What to do? Nothing works, I turn on my PC and that's all, nothing is shown on the monitor, just black screen.

See if by some small miracle, you can flash it again using the file and instructions in my previous post. Maybe it'll boot off the USB drive. If you can't, RMA is your only option.

See if by some small miracle, you can flash it again using the file and instructions in my previous post. Maybe it'll boot off the USB drive. If you can't, RMA is your only option.

But how? What to press? Where to go? Nothing happens. Clearing cmos won't help? You mean returning product? I am using it since 2011 will they take it back? I don't live in US sadly, I bought it on Amazon, can I return it back or something? I don't know what RMA means, really.

I tried to reset cmos, took out battery for couple of hours, shorted clr_cmos pins with screwdriver but it has no effect at all. I really, really don't know what to do now. Can someone help me, please? :confused:

Doesn't this board have a dual bios??

Go read your motherboard manual so you can post using the second bios. I'd tell ya, but I have no idea how to do it. :-/

I think it replaced both. But I'll try, Gigabyte support don't answer my questions, brilliant!

Ok here we go:

1) Your bios is bricked. I see it has dual bios, but no bios switch which means there supposed to be a way to revert it to enable the 2nd bios so you can repair the main bios. Read your owner's manual for instructions.

2) RMA = Return Merchandise Authorization Definition Link

3) Your board has a 3 year warranty. Contact Gigabyte Support .

Good Luck.

Back