• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UEFI wont POST

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BCboneless

I just put a new PC together for my Dad. When I hit the power the UEFI wont post and the MemOK! button is on. When I push it flashes for a while but still no POST. Any suggestions?

Make sure all the power connectors are securely connected (including the 24 pin main power, and the 4/8 pin CPU power). If that doesn't work, take the RAM out, put one stick in securely and try again. If that doesn't work, try that stick in another slot or a different stick in the same spot.

If the motherboard has a power button right on the board, use that instead. If it works, your case switch isn't hooked up right.

What are the machine's specifications (list everything's brand and model #, links to specifications would be helpful as well)? Is the system in a case? Did you do a quick bench build prior to putting it in the case to make sure everything was working properly? Have you tried clearing CMOS?

i5 2500K
Asus P8Z68-V LX
G Skill 1333 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231424
EVGA 8600 1GB

I used 1 stick then the other. Did not work. I cleared the CMOS and now it works with only one stick. It does not matter which one I use. The Motherboard trys to OC the RAM when 2 sticks are in. I went into the BIOS and told it not to OC and it does it with 2 sticks but not one. Now I have a PC that is supposed to have 8 GB running with only 4 GB. Any suggestions?

I found they both work in the back slots. Like this:

l=empty slot R=slot with RAM stick B= black slot BL=blue slot

B BL B BL <---color of slots
l l R R <---slots

Are they working dual channel? Is it slower than having them in the same color slot as each other?

Yes they are working in duel channel mode as they should be.

Z

They need to be running in the same colored slots to work in dual channel.

Boot into BIOS and manually set your RAM voltage, speed & timings (1.5V, DDR3-1333 & 9-9-9-24, respectively). Save & exit. Go back into BIOS to make sure it stuck, then power off. Install the second stick and see if it works.

Back