• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ultimate Keyboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm sorry but thats just fcking retarded. I paid half that for my saitek keyboard.

I don't think having no labels would increase the speed or accuracy of your typing. It sounds like a gimmick. If you want to try it out you can cover up the inscriptions on your own keyboard, preferably an old one first, and see how you like it just as Captain Slug suggested.

I've got a few keyboards from the 80s that have almost all the writing worn off of them. You telling me that all I have to do is get rid of the rest and I can turn around and sell em for 80 bucks?

It will improve your speeds, IF you look at the keys at all now. I guess I do to reset myself every once in a while but I doubt there'd be a noticable increase for most people here.

Not to mention do you really have all the symbols memorized? Pipes and brackets would be my hang up.

Spartacus51 said:
It will improve your speeds, IF you look at the keys at all now. I guess I do to reset myself every once in a while but I doubt there'd be a noticable increase for most people here.
SHHH. Don't tell anybody, but my typing sucks ;)

I have to completely agree, that is the dumbest looking thing I have ever seen. Why would you spend $80 on "weighted" keys that are blank? I know where every key is on my keyboard, but that still doesn't justify going and buying a "cool" keyboard or excuse me "Das Keyboard" to prove it. It just looks like some crappy keyboard that had the letters painted over it. I thought this might be a thread about the new keyboard where you can put keys wherever you want them and program it however you want.

Hey, man...I just used a 99 cent sharpy that was lying around and just markered the keys!

I only did the qwerty layout and ctrl and alts. I don't remember all of the shift numbers hehe.

i think it is dumb and i also have several old keyboards that have the keys wiped off i will also sell them on ebay for $80 and bank
i will say that they are proven to work and have my seal of approval!!!
i will also call them "VINTAGE"

Janus67 said:
I thought this might be a thread about the new keyboard where you can put keys wherever you want them and program it however you want.

There is such a keyboard? got a link?

does anyone make an optimized keyboard (think I remember them) that have a different layout for optimal speed? (QWERTY was actually designed to slow typists down, typewriters got jammed all the time because people could type so fast. Obviously we're past that stage, I wanna type faster!)

I think I have heard about something that let you type faster, the word DVORAK comes to mind... but I don't really want to learn to type all over again.

Scott9027 said:
I think I have heard about something that let you type faster, the word DVORAK comes to mind... but I don't really want to learn to type all over again.

I did some searching for it, tried typing something. It really is easier to type with, but your right, I don't want to relearn to type again.

if i had an old keyboard that i could rearrange all they keys, I would try it.

This is slightly off topic, but I really hate how nerds/geeks use the german words "das" and "über."

Ich versteh' überhaupt nichts.

Back