• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ultimate Keyboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
lowfat said:
if i had an old keyboard that i could rearrange all they keys, I would try it.
I can rearrange keys no problem (did it on my main keyboard in alphabetical order), but does Windows let you edit the keymap somehow so that you effectively have a reordered keyboard?

Yes, it does. I remember people remapping the keyboard in CS labs to . . . be annoying.

Or atleast I think I remember that.

Is it possible to have 2 keyboards hooked up? 1 with dvorak setup and 1 with the regular? cuz that would be awsome...

actually, im sure if you just used 2 profiles and switched keyboards that would be awsome.

Xris said:
Yes, it does. I remember people remapping the keyboard in CS labs to . . . be annoying.

Or atleast I think I remember that.

Collective unconcious. It's been done in so many labs that even if it didn't happen to you it happened somewhere.

Engineering labs had some remapped keyboards, but those were on purpose, engineering friendly keyboards.

It's clear from the responces in this thread that many don't give their keyboard the
consideration it deserves. And I ain't just talking fancy colors or lights either.

Anyway, looks like a nice keyboard..... this is the most important part IMhO :::
" Individually Weighted Keyswitches

Most keyboards use a standard 55 grams of force required to register every key, Das Keyboard has 5 different levels of force. The keys are divided into groups and their feedback springs are weighted differently; from 35 grams to 80 grams, which correspond to the strength of the finger that touches the keys. The result is more comfort for your hands.

Most modern keyboard are abysmal where key pressure is concerned. Yes
it matters! Just consider how many keystrokes you perform in a year's time.

Personally, I use an old IBM mechanical keyboard circa 1986. It's kind of loud (click-click)
but my fingers & wrists are much happier now. And subsequently, I've found my gaming
performance has improved as well.

Last edited:
Back