• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ultra Fast boot?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Suppressor1137

I've seen some videos of a system set up for "ultra-fast boot" and noticed that it supports windows 10.

I also know that the video card bios has to support it.

And something about UEFI settings...

Could someone link a guide on how to set this up?

I tried using it, and it instantly booted into uefi.

Even fast mode has issues. It works from warm boot, but cold boots throw it into the same situation, the SSD OS drive isn't detected. Does it have to be formatted into the new GPT format to recgonise the drive in this mode? It saw my 3TB harddrive, but that doesn't have my OS on it...

I have a neat program from ASROCK, Boot to UEFI, So I was hoping to get away with speeding up my boot time a fair bit, and I've seen some claims of boot times as low as 4 seconds. Now imagine that with a Samsung 950 Pro....:drool:

Last edited:
Do you mean the fast boot from Windows + fast boot in the BIOS ? i disable the one in BIOS so no problems with entering it, i lose maybe 2 seconds boot time. Also don't forget that the windows part it only works from cold boots. Altogether mine is ~10s with Hibernate off.

Fast Boot.jpg

https://www.happyassassin.net/2014/01/25/uefi-boot-how-does-that-actually-work-then/

I looked into this myself some time ago, as I too wanted to go the UEFI route to try and shave some seconds off my boot. From what I understand (for W7), I would need to reinstall Windows because I would need a GPT formatted boot drive, and Windows would have to install itself in UEFI mode, kinda like the ATA/AHCI deal, but even more troublesome. You can't just change a simple setting in Windows 7 and enable UEFI boot and off you go as you could with AHCI, it just doesn't work that way.

Back