• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ultraspeeds 1.0 new build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ultraspeed

Registered
Check out the order i just placed this AM to newegg looking forward to putting it together this will be my first build so help or advice will be welcome! Also i got a couple rebates and what not from newegg how does the AMD gift coupon work? says i get crisis 3 and Bioshock Infinite free but will new egg just include these items or will i get a actual coupon that i can take any wheres and get the games? anyways here is the list of products i hope its all good!

COOLER MASTER Storm Stryker SGC-5000W-KWN1 Black and White Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case
IN STOCK
Standard Return Policy
$164.99
Save:$15.00 (8%)
Order #: 173648383

ADATA XPG SX900 ASX900S3-256GM-C 2.5" 256GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
IN STOCK
Limited Replacement Only Return Policy
Adult signature required on delivery.
$199.99

ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM
IN STOCK
Standard Return Policy
$17.99

Rosewill BRONZE Series RBR1000-M 1000W Continuous@40°C, 80Plus Bronze Certified,Modular Cable Design,Active PFC"Compatible ...
IN STOCK
Standard Return Policy
$129.99
Save:$70.00 (35%)

GIFT #2
AMD Gift coupon: Crysis 3 + Bioshock Inf.
IN STOCK
Standard Return Policy
$169.99

COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 Continuous Direct Contact 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler Compatible with latest Intel ...
IN STOCK
Standard Return Policy
$34.99
Save:$3.00 (8%)

GIFT #3
Corel Winzip 17 Standard - Product Key Card
IN STOCK
Software Standard Return Policy
$29.99

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit - OEM
IN STOCK
Software Standard Return Policy
$99.99

Logitech Wireless Combo MK260 920-002950 Black USB RF Wireless Standard Keyboard and Mouse
IN STOCK
Standard Return Policy
$29.99

G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR
IN STOCK
Memory Standard Return Policy
$57.99

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
IN STOCK
Limited Replacement Only Return Policy
$134.99

COMBO #1
Intel Core i7-3770 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I73770
IN STOCK
CPU Replacement Only Return Policy
$289.99
Save:$10.00 (3%)

COMBO #1
XFX Double D FX-797A-TDBC Radeon HD 7970 Black Edition 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support ...
IN STOCK
VGA Standard Return Policy
$429.99

COMBO #1
Intel 9-Panel custom, limited edition Intel Rubik’s cube
IN STOCK
Standard Return Policy
$19.99

The game coupons will most likely be a piece of paper with codes or CD keys for the games that are redeemable in an online digital distribution store like Steam or Origin.

Two points on the build:
  • The PSU is way overkill for the hardware. You could have easily gotten a cheaper PSU with less wattage that's more efficient.
  • The CPU is the non-K version. I would have gotten the 3770K for the unlocked CPU multiplier. If you have a MicroCenter nearby, you can get the 3770K for $230 or so.

The reason for the psu is I'm going to run crossfire later. But I didn't not notice the 3770 I meant get the K glade you caught that

No problem, I figured you meant to get the K.

Also, the HD7970 only uses 250W. So even with 2-way CrossFireX, 1000W is overkill. It doesn't hurt to have a larger PSU though, so it's not a big deal.

Yeah Blows that I didn't get the K says on new egg 330.00 but o well..

Also I've heard a lot bought steam what exactly is this? Place you can buy games or actually buy and download after you purchase?

Yeah Blows that I didn't get the K says on new egg 330.00 but o well..

Definitely see if you have a MicroCenter near you, then you can pick up the 3770K for $230. Plus, they usually have a deal that when you buy a CPU you get $50 off a motherboard.

Also I've heard a lot bought steam what exactly is this? Place you can buy games or actually buy and download after you purchase?

Steam is DRM (Digital Rights Management) software that's free to download at their website. You have to go through their software to activate and launch any games you purchase from them. You can redeem codes or buy directly from Steam; in either case you have to download the game from them and it will be installed automatically in the Steam directory.

One of the best things about Steam is their sales, where you can get good games up to 75% off MSRP during their big winter/summer sales. Plus, they have daily and weekly sales as well.

Well I got it built and running did get the K and over clocked at 4ghz and the ram to 1866 have not messed with GPU tho and I hooked it up to a 55" Samsung and yeah I'm not sure I will be able to switch to a monitor that's 27" now lol. All In all the build was easy, up and running in 2hrs with bought 1hr of updates of drivers and windows. Just not sure if I want 3 monitors or 1 big 30 plus " any suggestions ?? Also anyone ever have issues with origin? I got a game to get off there and after I sign up it says wrong user name or password but its right?? Steam wrk just fine though.

Also glade I went with the hyper212 instead of the H80 it stay cool even at load!

Back