• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unable to install Windows 7 on RAID0(onboard), no destination found! Help!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yoshiharra

Registered
I just completed building my new PC. The hardware list is below

Part list:
Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-E 3.6GHz
ASRock X79 Extreme6 Mother Board
G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 64GB DDR3 1600
EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 2GB Graphics Card
Seagate Barracuda ST3000DM001 3TB 7200 RPM

I am trying to setup a RAID0 and install Windows 7. As per ASRock, I connected the drives SATA0 and SATA1 for onboard RAID installation. First attempt, I messed up during the installation, then I deleted the partition and recreated new partition from within Windows 7 installer (that was a mistake, I realized). Re-started the RAID setup from BIOS > Advance option. But now I can't find the destination partition within Windows 7 installer!

I have attached some picture, showing the problem. Please help me fix the problem.

Thanks in advance.

2rzxged.jpg

esm879.jpg

wi94zq.jpg

2e3wsh1.jpg

Last edited:
What happens if you load the drivers? You can put them on a USB drive after downloading them from the motheboard manufacturer.

thideras

I will try that, but what driver am I looking for in the CD?

Thanks

So it let you load the RAID drivers or did it give you an error? Are you installing this from a flash drive or an official disk?

I installed the ASMedia driver from a usb thumb drive. It installed fine but still could not find the partition, even after refreshing.

The ASMedia driver? What did you download? You need the RAID driver.

Hi txus.palacios

Thanks for the link. While researching on the net I found a detailed instruction as well. I will post my results one done.

Thanks

Glad you could install it!

Just to save you a few booting seconds, set ASMedia SATA3 Mode to disabled if you're not using them, and if you're using the ports, set ASMedia SATA3 Bootable to No.

Back