• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unable to lower voltage using RMclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alicia

I have an Acer Aspire laptop, with 32 bit Windows Vista. It runs very hot, I recently measured it at 83 degrees Centigrade using HWMonitor. I followed the undervolting tutorial found here.
http://forum.notebookreview.com/har...arket-upgrades/235824-undervolting-guide.html

However, RMclock will not let me change the voltages. The drop down menus offer no alternative to the voltages they list. I also tried a Notebook Hardware Control, but the options to change the voltage were "greyed" out, I couldn't select the boxes at all. Can anyone please tell me why neither of these programs worked for me? And most importantly, what options I have to undervolt my laptop?

Last edited:
some notebooks will have those functions forced disabled.
we need to know your bios, model to be totally certain..

but if your notebook is too hot.. try to have a laptop cooler to start with.
those are surprisely effective, in my college days, it helped my notebook to be up to 15'C cooler.

some notebooks will have those functions forced disabled.

I had the sinking feeling it was something to do with that. Hope the info below is what's needed. Is there any way around it if it has been disabled?

Model: Acer Aspire 5335
BIOS Version/Date: Phoenix Technologies LTD V1.08 10/09/2008
CPU Type: Genuine Intel CPU T1600 @ 1.666GHz
VGA BIOS Version: 1659

Back