• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

underclocking question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1033ruben

Registered
hello i am currently trying to overclock my cpu but i keep getting the blue screen after i hit a certain point so i wanted to know can i underclock my ram right now it is running at 266.7 4,4,4,11,15 and i know my board had the option to bring it down to 400, this way i dont run into a problem with my ram voltage while trying to overclock my cpu so long question short can i underclock my ram
THANKS
RUBEN

I don't see why this shouldn't be possible. If you like you can give us some more information on what CPU you are trying to OC and what settings you made. Maybe we can find another solution to improve your OC.

ok idkfa its an e4300 core 2 duo and i have an intel mobo d945gcl so no overclocking through bios i use SET FSB because it is the only one that recognizes my PLL. so far i have been able to get it up into 2.013 ghz which is a little better than the stock 1.8 ghz but i hit a block after that so i am waiting on a new Thermaltake V1 CPU cooler to arrive so when i take it apart i am going to do a pin voltage mod to lets say 1.55 that way i dont have any voltage problems as far as my CPU so yesterday i went into my bios setting and i under clocked my ram to 400 4,4,4,11 instead of the 533 and i still hit the same road block at the 2.012 so that leads me to believe that it is the voltage of my cpu that restricting me from moving any further with my overclocking
THANKS IN ADVANCE
RUBEN

Back