• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unheard of Sapphire 9800p resolution problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

donkey_lipz

Ive searched every search engine and posted on every forum and now Im here. You are my only hope. My system is composed of:

Sapphire 9800 pro OEM
AMD athlon 2500+ 333mhz barton core
Via KT-600 mobo
768mb kingston value ram
Dell p780 trinitron monitor (refurbished)

Everything but my monitor was bought new from newegg

MY PROBLEM:

Whenever I set my resolution to anything above 800x600 I have to scroll to see the entire image. Its difficult for me to describe. For instance if Im looking at the icons at the top of my desktop and want to get to the taskbar, Ill have to bring the mouse to the very bottom of the screen and then it will scroll down after a few seconds and ill finally be able to see it.

As you can imagine this makes gaming impossible at resolutions above 800x600. Since the image is not fitting squarely on the monitor, action could be taking place where I cannot see without having to scroll to.

Ive tried setting the resolutions under display settings on the desktop and through the ATI display settings, but to no avail. I still must scroll!

I have also tried hooking my monitor up to a different system to see if the refurbished monitor was at fault. I can go up to 1600x1200 and it fits flush. Im certain the graphics card is causing the problem.

Ive only heard of people having this problem with linux. I searched google with every imaginable query and came up emtpy handed.

Please dear God help me! I only have a couple days until Doom 3 comes out and thats what I built this computer for. I would love to play it at 1024x768!

ive never heard of having to scroll at the desktop... i think your best bet is to hook your comp up to a friends monitor and see what happens.

Ive hooked my comp up to other monitors as well, I get the same thing. I must scroll the see the whole screen if Im at any resolution above 800x600. :(

My friend had a similar problem. His monitor was capabale of 1600x1200, but anything about 1280x1024 caused him to have to scroll. We fixed it by installing the omega drivers.

Arg, I gotta go to work. Ill let you know how the omega drivers work when I get off.

Back