• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unknown Device in Device Manager

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

peeryus

Registered
hello everyone

i have a winfast 761GXM2MA-RS2 mobo.any idea what could cause this problem?i have installed the drivers.heres a screenshot from device manager.i'm using onboard sound.
unknowndevice.png

thanks in advance

I believe this board's parent company is Foxconn as they offer the same model number under their brand name: http://www.universalmemory.com/761GXM2MARS2-46788.htm

You might contact them and see what they have to say. Otherwise, I would remove all plugin hardware items one at a time and see if the message disappears. It's not a RAID controller, is it? Sometimes those drivers have to be installed at the beginning of a Windows XP install from a floppy.

Last edited:
I believe this board's parent company is Foxconn as they offer the same model number under their brand name: http://www.universalmemory.com/761GXM2MARS2-46788.htm

You might contact them and see what they have to say. Otherwise, I would remove all plugin hardware items one at a time and see if the message disappears. It's not a RAID controller, is it? Sometimes those drivers have to be installed at the beginning of a Windows XP install from a floppy.

got it fixed.it was the AMD AwayMode driver:bang head hate it:bang head

When you do come across this type of issue in the future, you can put the motherboard CD and it let windows search the disk, it should fix the problem.

No clue what Away mode driver is either.

got it fixed.it was the AMD AwayMode driver:bang head hate it:bang head

What in the world is THAT ...???

When you do come across this type of issue in the future, you can put the motherboard CD and it let windows search the disk, it should fix the problem.

No clue what Away mode driver is either.

+1 for wanting to know what that is!

not sure buddy:thup:

With a little bit of digging I found this down at the bottom of the page.
:
Q: What are the key features of an AMD LIVE! PC?
A:

AMD LIVE! experiences will be powered by award-winning AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 dual-core processors.

* For desktops, Cool'n'Quiet™ technology, an innovative system-level feature that offers efficient performance-on-demand, allowing an “always ready” PC to run whisper-quiet from any room in the house, will be enabled on all AMD LIVE! systems. Notebooks can benefit from extended system battery life with AMD PowerNow!™ technology.
* Precious digital memories and movies can be protected from viruses and other malicious attacks with Enhanced Virus Protection*, providing home computing with an additional level of integrated security for PCs “always connected” to the Internet.
* Rapid on/off functionality, enabled through the BIOS with the “Away Mode” driver supplied by Microsoft, will enable AMD LIVE! experiences at a moment's notice, powering up quickly when needed and hibernating when not in use.
* Up to 7.1 surround sound and advanced graphics capabilities designed to enable theater-quality entertainment experiences.
* While a TV tuner and remote control are optional, AMD expects many AMD LIVE! PC offerings to include these features in highly advanced systems.
* Small form factors and innovative designs to fit different lifestyles.

This points to the fact its only offered by you're motherboard manufacture:

Back