• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unlocked 0344 Applebred

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
where r u guys getting the god durons from. i cant seem to find much info on those 1.4ghz and up cpu's. i thought the 1.3 was the highest :)

AL Romero said:
where r u guys getting the god durons from. i cant seem to find much info on those 1.4ghz and up cpu's. i thought the 1.3 was the highest :)

get mine from my local store here on okinawa...my 1600 is unlocked (DLV1C 0334VPMW) but this 1400 is locked...i had a choice between the red and green cpu die versions and i grabbed the red...i'll go back and get the green to see if there's any difference...still the 1400's not bad for $38...i think i'm gonna get an unlocked 1800 duron, too...

Shade00 said:

Edit: By the way, someone over AMDMB also pointed out that the pencil trick will work on these bridges. I was skeptical, but it worked, and I enabled the extra cache and changed it to default to 166mhz FSB.

if the pencil trick works do u reckon i can get a 2200+ thorton ive got in a comp downstairs and enable the extra 256k cache

Steven4563 said:
if the pencil trick works do u reckon i can get a 2200+ thorton ive got in a comp downstairs and enable the extra 256k cache

I don't see why not. It's worth a shot, anyway. I just took a regular pencil and did my best to get as much graphite into the gap as I could. Worked great, too.

cool ill have to try that only thing is its my mums b/f comp and i dont wanna f*** it up so if it goes wrong can i just use a rubber it get it off again ?

it should be reversible...i did the pencil trick on my 1600 and it works...i've read that it may not be as permanent as conductive paint but it works for now...

thats fu**in rad!!! 40 bones for a 2G CPU and the maybe even enabling the cashe. :) where do i sign hehe

an update...the locked 1400 is running 215x10.5 @ 1.8...little high on the vcore to get that speed but it works...

I have a Duron 1.6 dlv1c mixib 0345 is this unlockable? have not even messed w it yet got it for x-mas going on a Biostar M7MIA-r DDR. Thanks for any help !

Maybe getting one these type of Duron's are a hit and miss type thing. Hopefully, it will be more of a hit thing than a miss thing.

Back