• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Unlocked Cores/ No Temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Thrasher_Z

I threw my pieces into my sig for quick review.

I started off with a AMD Phenom II X2 560 Black and was able to unlock one of the cores and remain stable. After the unlock the proc now shows up as a Deneb Phenom II X4 B60. I have been running @ 3.7 (200*18.5) for about 10 months now and was going to start playing around alittle to see what I could actually get of the proc.
BTW is rev. RB-C3 if thats any help.

I cannot seem to get monitoring programs to properly read my temps. The core temps are always 0.

For instance HWMonitor shows my cores as 0 C(32 F)

There is a TMPIN1 that I suspect is a core temp so I tried to relock the cores to see if that was the issue keeping me from reading temps.

If I turn off the core unlock I get post errors and have to revert to "Last Good". Also, if I have set cores to auto it activates all 4. I tried to boot with all 4 and I also tried turning off cores 2,3. If I disable Core Unlock I get the recovery option.

I have been out of the OC seen for quite awhile and when I read that the Phenom II had such a low max temp I wanted to check out where I was at stressing.

I am sure that originally I was able to read temps but 55-60c wouldn't have bothered me then cuz I didn't know what I know now. lol

I do game with the PC alot of BF3 to mention one, so I know the machine was stable and hasn't failed any Prime or PI testing.

Anyone have some help on getting my temps back. Also any feed back on the core lock/unlock issue would be appreciated.

For some reason my sig is not showing up so...
AMD Phenom II X2 560 Black
Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2p
8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
Sapphire 6850

I don't think thet the TMPIN1 is the CPU because I set my bios for a 60C alarm and HWMonitor was @ 62C while running Prime but I stopped the test to be on the safe side.

Last edited:
I jumped the gun....
As soon as I unlocked the extra core the temps went away.
I reset bios, set defaults whatever as soon as I unlock the core I lose the temps.

Unlocking cores means enabling ACC, ACC blocks the channels that the core temp data is sent through.
It's perfectly normal, there is no way to get core temps while unlocking cores.

I recommend re-locking them and doing some stress testing to find out where the core temps are in relation to the socket temp. Once you know that you can use the socket temp to estimate core temp after unlocking.

I have no clue, it varies by motherboard.
Does it scale with the core temps, more or less?

Thanks again Bob. Everything really worked out well after I mapped out the tmpin(s) vs the cpu temps. :thup:

The temps on tempin0,1,2 were consistant up and down the scale keeping pace with cpu changes.

Well I learned my something new for the day :clap:

Last edited:
Back