• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

up the voltage? 939 4000+ at 2.7 wall

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rumbl3

Alright right now i got a 939 san diego 4000+ single core. I got it oc'ed to 2.7 and at 2.7 i get errors in game etc. so i run it at 2.650 ghz. Should I up the voltage to the processor? i got a artic cooler on it and even oc'ed it's running about low 30c's idle and mid 40's gaming.

i would like to get it as high as possible just because i feel this video card is probably going to waste lol lack of cpu power *video card in sig*.

So any advice? Should i up the core voltage? and to what?

Also Not sure if my psu is up to the task or not to keep going? I hit this wall with it when i had my 7300gs in the other day. Just got the 9600gt.

i'll possibly be getting my hands on a athlon 3800+ X2 939 processor shortly. Just have to see.

Can you list the Settings?

CPU Frequency
CPU Multi
CPU Voltage
CPU HTT

Memory Frequency
CAS# Lat
Min RAS# active time (Tras)
RAS# to CAS# Delay (tRCD
RAS# Precharge (tRP
Command Rate (CR)
DDR Voltage

I got a 3700+ SanD to go up to 270x11, just had a problem with the memory right now. Orathes shut down after 10 mins.

2.65 is fine for a 9600 GT, they are quite evenly matched. Though if you wanted to up the CPU voltage and push it farther, sure, go ahead. What's it at right now? Also, you're getting into an FSB speed range where you might want to lower the HTT multiplier from 4x to 3x.

well bit noobish but most of it is set to auto lol. Guessing i should start setting it to what it's supposed to be at? Just got this board tho usually all i have ever owned are cheapo boards with barely any options this board has more options then i know to do with.

Welcome to OC :D

Upping to 2.7 should only require at least 1.42 volts for you. What is your CPU voltage at right now?

Set HTT to x3 or to ~800mhz.
Keep RAM voltage at stock (not auto). Other than that I can't really say anything else. I'm not exactly the best to say what you should set your ram to.

set your ram to 2T Command Rate instead of 1T, my DFI Ultra-D was picky about that one

Back