• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

update on my oc cooling :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kevvy

hi chaps, just a update on my o/cing, well running at 4.4 and all is good,had no issues with the computer at all with the o/c , just up graded my top exhaust 230 mm fan ,for 2 Aerocool Dead Silence 140 mm Red fans, wow what a difference , drop the temps by 5 degrees, fan set up is as follows, 2 Aerocool Dead Silence 140 mm Red top draw, 1 Aerocool Dead Silence 140 mm Red front draw. 1 Aerocool Dead Silence 140 mm Red rear exhaust. and a Aerocool 200 mm front draw,. so i,m looking for a new 200 mm for the front draw as its the loudest of them all .played far cry 4 for 6 hrs, and cpu temp was 38 degrees. idle has now gone down to 24 degrees, room temp is 20 degrees. the temps before the fan change was idle 26 -28, and cpu was 43, note: new idle temps are with all fans at half speed, apart from the middle fan in the cooler, that runs at full speed, only use full speed when gaming, so i,m really happy with these temps, cpu voltage is 1.336, @ 4.4 ghz, i ran prime 95 for 2 hrs and the temp were max 48 degrees, so all in all good cooling, i have o/cd the ram to 1760 mhz, not o/cd the graphic cards,as im happy with the games no issues with stuttering. i would post pic but cant get my head around it, oh and the case looks nice with the red led,s and the formula v black and red :) and the dark rock pro 3 is the ducks nuts, p,s those Aerocool Dead Silence 14 mm are great fans and quiet max of 19 db flat out and 10 ish on half speed, and the shift the air as well , i would recommend them :)

also i wanted to ask, do i need to plug in the 4pin power supply on the m/b, or id the 24 pin one enough ,thanks .

Last edited by a moderator:
4 pin? Are you talking about the Molex right by the I/O area there? Confirm with your manual but I believe that is there for multi gpu setups to give the pcie lanes more power. Some require it for multi gpu, others it's optional...confirm with your manual.

I'd also try a more conventional front/sides = intake, top/rear = exhaust for better airFLOW.

Wrap your head around pics and post them!!

4 pin? Are you talking about the Molex right by the I/O area there?
I'm thinking the same ED, I also believe it's really only required for multiple card. Though I do use it when I'm really pushing my Oc's and running 3d benches for safe measure.

I'd only bother with single card if it was under ln2. Can't hurt, but saves 5s of plugging it in, lol.

Sooo... Kev.... You thanked our posts but didn't answer the question if.you were talking about the Molex or not. ;)

hi, sorry ,on my board it is next to the 8pin socket, i,ve had a look ,it is for 3 or more cards, but its a mix of answers, some people use it in sli and some dont, i dont have a 4 pin conector power lead , it did,nt come with my corsair, i have also read that as my cards have 8pin power supply to each card, so im confused, i,ve also heard that the cable is tight and has to go across the mother board and is a tight fit with a non stock cooler, so if i need to get one will have to get a extention to run it neatly. this is my 3rd sli set up on this m/b,i have never oc,d them, and have had no issues with power. so i might email rog and ask them if it is needed on my rig. )

Back