• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

updates from asus website

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

uncle bob

Registered
I have a maximus extreme Viii MB the first one I received was doa.I sent back to newegg and they sent a replacement which was apparently sent back and repaired by
another customer because when I went to register it asus said it has already been registered.I installed MB #2 and when I try updating asus software,drivers,etc. the
winzip folder downloads ok but when I open it in winzip an erroe message says does not support this o/s:wnt _ 6.1h_64_mce, I am using win7 64bit and that's what I selected
on the dropdown list before downloading.This error comes up on everything I try to update on asus site now what ?

Hello uncle bob,

Thanks for taking the time to post this!

It's strange that the replacement board is being shown as already being registered as that should only occur on previously used items (like open-box items). We'd like to look into this for you to see what options are available and ask that you send an email to [email protected] with your order number and reference to this post.

-Rella (Newegg Support)

Hello uncle bob,

Thanks for taking the time to post this!

It's strange that the replacement board is being shown as already being registered as that should only occur on previously used items (like open-box items). We'd like to look into this for you to see what options are available and ask that you send an email to [email protected] with your order number and reference to this post.

-Rella (Newegg Support)

I will get all the info you requested to you tomorrow.I went to asus site,logged in and looked at my previous registered maximus extreme viii and this is strange to me but
the serial number on my replacement board was now showing registered even though the day before I tried to register it ,that's when I got the message already registered.I
immediately emailed asus support and asked them to correct this and explained my purchases with newegg and that I now owned this replacement MB due to the new one
being sent back DOA.This is why I believed newegg replaced to me a repaired MB,I hope this all makes sense,it can be very confusing.Apparently asus corrected this today
but I do suspect I received a fixed MB someone else had owned.

Back