• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrade advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Doogiem50

Hi All,
Just looking for some advice on upgrading my system. I'm wondering if I should upgrade the CPU or GPU or maybe wait to build a new one. If I could get another year or so out of this by upgrading I would do that. At the moment I can run most games on high without problems but want to be able to do the same for the coming year. Also, are the g-sync monitors worth the money to upgrade to? My Specs are as follows:
MB-Asus P8P67 Deluxe
CPU-intel i7-2600k
GPU-Asus GTX 670
SSD-OCZ 250GB
HD-WD Caviar Black 1TB
RAM-16GB
Any suggestions on which CPU or GPU to upgrade to would be helpful. I can probably spend about $500 so if both need upgrading I would wait until I can do a new build. Thanks for any help.

Grab a GTX 980 or 980Ti is all I would do... and maybe overclock the CPU.

Otherwise upgrade to Skylake (6700K/Z170/DDR4).. but $500 wont cover that.

Great! Thanks for the advice. Do you have any thoughts on the g-sync monitors and if they are worth the extra expense?

as they said GPU it. OC the cpu if you have the cooler that came in the box with the i7 swap it for something better so you can OC high and proper

Thanks for your help all. I have corsair liquid cooling on the CPU already so I'll just OC that and get a better GPU. Are the g-sync monitors worth the extra cash?

Ive seen one and it does a great job. That said, grab a 120hz/144hz monitor is another option.

Back