• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

upgrade gpu question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spikes525

hi everyone and thank's for the time you take to reply
i already have sli of zotac 970 gtx AMP Extreme and i wan't to know if it worth the price to upgrade to Rx 580 8G vram
i know my gtx only have 4G of vram (3.5) ;) and i don't know if i go through 8g would make the difference
thank's

To a single 580? No. A single 580 is only around 15% faster than a 970. Id upgrade to something a lot more substantial...

What res do you play at, 1080p?

Last edited:
i play 2560 x 1080
i have 2 gtx 970 and yes is for single rx 580, i already try crossfire and no.....no crossfire for me :D
i look for gtx 1070 8G but it's to expensive for me

Yeah..its sure as hell wont perform better (check some reviews), and the 8gb isnt worth it. Feel free to use a program like msi afterburner or something similar to show how much vram you are actually losing. But clearly a single 580 over 2 970s is a significant performance loss.

I ran 970's sli for a while, that would smack down any game I wanted to play, till I loaded games with every mod in the world.
yep, to improve what you've got it'll take a 1080.

ok, i'm gonna wait next year's i jump for a brand new build .
thank's a lot

I don't know if it worth the try, the zotac amp extreme is already boosted by the compagny i don't know if new firmware could do better. And the only time i do this it was really unstable

Back