• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrade or OC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have moved the machine and clocked it to 5g´s BUT its fairly hungry on volts, have to bump it 1.5, and when running p95 blend it freezes up, no blue screen or nothing just freezing, and last time i ran it, the program stopped working, what should i do stop trying? temps is fairly high, maxing 61 on the package and 65 on the cpu, do i dare to push it harder?

Honestly, it sounds like 5.0Ghz is just not in the picture. At least certainly not with those low temps and nice voltages you have had up to now. That means even if you do reach 5.0Ghz by adding enough Vcore to cpu...it will not be very suitable for daily use.

Friend of mine had an FX-8350 about 8 or 9 months ago that sounds just like yours. 4.8Ghz was a dream, but then no matter how much Vcore he gave to it the thing was just hung at an awesome 4.8Ghz but no more. He had bought two at one time so he sold that one to a friend who was going to use it to game with air cooling only and for that it worked fine. Heck yes it would work fine with low Vcore and temps at 4.8Ghz which is where most run or a little less even.

RGone...

Looks good phloon, I totally relate to the urge to keep going higher. :muahaha:

But all good things must come to an end and this clock is very respectable.

I got 60 on the ram also, but i must have another go �� could be the ram dragging me down i got a little after clocking them

Tweaking and testing and trying is not bad, when you get close. However the outcome will be unsure until you try.

RGone...

Still that's a nice clock, the extra 50MHz isn't going to make much of a difference any way. :thup:

Back