• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrade time

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rickdstik

So Im in a pretty good situation ... my abit Fatal1ity F-190HD has a BIOS update so my upgrade path to the 45nm chips is somewhat easy. Board's only limitation is memory voltage. It gets ugly unstable at anything past 1.8 volts, but doesnt seem to have a problem bumping CPU core up at all. I've got the urge to upgrade sometime soon, my burning issue is should I stick with this board, or look for a g35 replacement. With my current chip, its stable up to 350 MHz FSB on a 200 FSB chip without any extra NB voltage. I know it'll never bump that high on a 333 FSB chip. I dont have the option of going ATX without a major rework of my entire setup. I'm in a Aspire X-Qpack2 case and I really have grown to like the small case sitting on my desktop. Cooling's not an issue, as even now, my chip rarely sees 50C. I keep my PC area pretty well ventilated, and I've replaced the stock fan on my case with an Antec model with about 4x the CFM of the old fan.

Burning question of the day. I'm upgrading to either the e8400 or the q9450. I've got 4 sticks of Corsair XMS2 DDR2-1066, but its hindered on this board to 800 MHz, and I don't have any multiplier options in BIOS to change it to a 3:1 ratio (not that the memory would support DDR2-1000 without a voltage jump anyway) ... think its really worth going for a g35 board to have some more options, and if so, which one?

Last edited:
Back