• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrades

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fredick

Hello Everyone,

I'm planning upgrade my system
what suggestion could you give me ?

of course for extreme gaming !!!

my current cpu : amd phenom ii x4 960t
vga : Radeon hd 5670 ddr3 3gb
mainboard: Ecs a880gm-ad3

Thanks for help :)

I would certainly upgrade that motherboard. ECS is at the bottom of the barrel on the overclocker/enthusiast motherboard brand list. Stay away from ECS and MSI. Move up to a good 990FX chipset board by Asus, ASRock or Gigabyte.

Unless you need to OC; don't bother changing boards. I'd do what Knufire said; and upgrade your Graphics card first. Though I have no idea what kind of PSU that is.. Lol

Hello Everyone,

I'm planning upgrade my system
what suggestion could you give me ?

of course for extreme gaming !!!

my current cpu : amd phenom ii x4 960t
vga : Radeon hd 5670 ddr3 3gb
mainboard: Ecs a880gm-ad3

Thanks for help :)
2x SSDs in raid 0 !

Nope, but they are very pleasant, as the access time is close to zero.

Putting them in Raid0 is the thing to do when there is nothing else to upgrade in your rig, or when you feel like throwing money away.

I'd follow the Knufire advice (Graphic card 6870 would already be a nice upgrade if you play @1080p or less), and if you have some money left, add a 120GB SSD.

BTW Merz, that's not a very smart advice to give to someone who is asking how to spend is money wisely.

And if you want to show off with your raid0, you'd better make your own thread instead of hijacking this one.

By the way, Fredick, your question really isn't a fair one unless you tell us how many pesos you have to play with.

I'd go with a faster video card, replace that PSU with something nice and reliable like a Silverstone Strider..... Replace the mainboard if you have the budget for it.

Basically video card and PSU should be your top priorities for gaming. If your PSU goes it can take the rest of the system with it, and I've never heard of that PSU you're running.

Enlight is local PSU

http://www.enlightindo.com/product.jsp?page=product&id=25

also it has 2x 6pin Vga connector

many reviews said it gives pure power output
but not enough for extreme overclocking

I forced to bought this product because it were the only one ready on the market that time,, the prices about $75

It lists Athlon 64 compatabillity..... Thats got to be one seriously old design. How old were the reviews?

Antec Neo Eco 520W OR
Corsair CX v2 500W

Whatevers cheaper.

And perhaps a HD 6870 or something. Would be what I would do for your system.

Antec Neo Eco 520W OR
Corsair CX v2 500W

Whatevers cheaper.

And perhaps a HD 6870 or something. Would be what I would do for your system.

Also take a look at the Silverstone Strider Essential ot Strider Plus series. Excellent power supplies and priced just right. Extremely quiet too if noise is something that concerns you. ;)

For a Motherboard i would recommend this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131754

The only issue with it is the location of the SATA ports, right on the inside edge facing inwards instead of up, its only a problem if you have a very small case, anything like a HAF 912 or bigger and its fine, actually better as it works well with the inward angled ports to keep them out of the way of air flow, especially when you have cable routing (which is why they are angled like that)

As you can see in my sig i have the one down from that one and have come to like it a lot.

Last edited:
Back