• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrading advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I appreciate your help AJ, but that isn't my exact psu. I am not defending my psu but just letting you know thats not mine.

If I were to OC the 7950 about what wattage PSU should I be looking for? I am pretty sure I'll buy a new power supply when I buy the card.

That is a great PSU however the wattage is overkill you don't need that much unless you are going to SLI.

Yeah but...
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3844174&sku=C13-2852

I am thinking about going ahead and just ordering everything. Seems to be some great deals going on.

My only problem with buying it from TigerDirect is that I'd have to wait a while to get it and we are going out of town so I really don't want it to potentially be sitting outside lol.

Should I get the Corsair and wait a 4-9 days to get it or get this Thermaltake for $40 and at my door in 2 days?

Bare in mind, I am on a budget and would love to only spend $40 instead of $65.

Well I just bought the Sapphire 7950 and the Thermaltake 700w PSU.

Grand total before rebates was $360, after rebates it will come down to $320. I am pretty happy with my upgrade. Especially since I got free 2 day shipping.

Thanks for the help everybody, I really appreciate it!

Back