• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

upgrading family computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

(G{in}[AK)TION]

gentlmen, ladies...

about...two years ago i built my parents a computer that was for mainly web and word processor use. but a few nights ago, my dad was using google earth and said that it ran really slow. i told him its because this computer does not have the graphics power to do it and he asked me to go find the parts and give him the estimate on how much it would cost.

now im sure he wont ask me again about it in the future since my parents are 60,000 in debt, but i wanted to know if the AMD if either the AM1 Sempron or Athlon would be able to run google earth.

here are the specs of the computer btw.

Intel D525MW
Apevia Case (comes with power supply. yes i know its bad but cmon)
2gb of Laptop memory
90gb Corsair SSD

and thats about it. i see a lot of mistakes i made in this build but i was young and stupid and wish i knew better...

i need to keep the upgrade costs under 100 dollars at most and 75 dollars at least.

i was planning on buying a geforce 8400 pci graphics card and a new case, but then i thought of buying the AMD athlon or sempron processors and motherboard for it.

yes i already tried a fan :| no dice.

Last edited:
Back