• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrading Mobo simple questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nastypoker

Registered
Hi, Due to a beer / PC incident, I am upgrading my mobo.

Current specs:

i5 3570K OC'd to 4.1Ghz
Asus P8Z68-V Gen3
Samsung 840 250gb SSD for OS
2tb HDD
2x4gbGb Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz
1250W XFX PRO
Win 7 ultimate

I am upgrading to this.

Amazon Link

Now, if I drop it in, will it work ok with the SSD?
I imagine I will need to install Mobo drivers but apart from that, will it work OK? Are there any basics I am missing? I also understand I will have to re-overclock my CPU.

For anyone interested in the current problem, the machine turns on for less than a second. The DRAM LED and CPU_LED both light up during this time. I tried a different PSU with no change. Re seated CPU etc. I even washed the area that was splashed with 91% isopropanol and dried it off. No change. Still does the 1 second start and then power off. With RAM removed, same still. With CPU removed I get nothing at all.

You should be okay. You might get a message from MS saying that your Windows is not genuine but you might have to call them and tell them what happened and they will give you a new key. Ive never had to reinstall when upgrading/changing mobos but sometimes that fresh install is just better.

Back