• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ups problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nikitasd13

Registered
Hello there!
First of all if it’s not the right place to post this please move it to a proper one! [emoji4]
A friend gave me his previous ups ( east ea620 2000va line interactive ) and I installed it as manual says. I plugged in only my pc (which is not on at the moment). I think there is a problem there tho! The ups fan is running every 5 minutes for another 5 minutes!!! Battery is @ 100% and load on 0! It’s my first ups so I don’t know what is going on!

Ups screen info:
Input : 232 vac 49.9hz
Battery : 41.8vdc 100%
Output : 233vac 49.9hz
Load : 0% 0va
Temp : 33°c at the moment!

Please tell me if u need additional info because I don’t have a clue about these machines!

Thanks!

You may have a dead battery. If it has four batteries (spec sheet says that model may be either 3 or 4), that should be around 48 volts fully charged. If it's only holding 42 volts, it needs physical recharging. Easier to just buy a new battery. You can take the dead one to an Auto Zone or O'Reilly's or whatever car shop that sells batteries is near you and they'll recycle it just like a car battery. If it only has three batteries, then 42 seems okay (3x14v from the charging circuit, similar to the voltage from a car 12v outlet when the engine is running).

Put a load on it and see if it still does it.

Last edited:
According to users manual it has 3x12v/9Ah battery! I don’t really know what that means! With pc open and working it still does it! Is it any possibility that is anything like a chip or a dead measurement thing? Or it’s all on battery so it will get fixed by changing it?

Back