• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Usb not recognized

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

geestring

I know this has been asked, but the solution given doesnt work for me...

my mouse works and my webcam sometimes doesnt... things likt mp3 players get the "usb not recongnized" and I have to reinsert a bunch of times... but I just got a Creative Zen and it gets the message always... I reinsert it and same thing....

I did the whole safe mode, deleting the usb things inthe device manager.... doesnt help

Try making sure the usb port is clean and try your zen on somebody else's computer and see if the same thing happens.

-1cem4n

Have you tried the zen in all the different ports just to make sure its not just one port or set of ports that are the prob?

I do agree with 1cem4n that cleaning the ports never hurts and could resolve issues in regards to contact. I usually use compressed air from a 5 gallon compressor ;)

gl
show

yea.. i tried all ports....

yea my ports are dusty... hehe its probably the problem... thanks

The dust could collect and cause the traces on the USB connector not to function right, you might also look and make sure that your usb is set correctly in the bios.

Back