• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Using Ram Cooler to Cool CPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NtheFace

Registered
So I angled my Ram Cooler to throw down Air at the Water Cooler hub and i seem to get cooler temperatures. Idle temperatures seem to be 3c cooler for CPU, 3c cooler for NB, and 1c cooler for over all MB.. Havent ran prime 95 yet to see whats my underload temp with this set up. After i do that, im gonna switch the fans around to have them pull off and see what temps i get from that.

Attachments

• photo(1).JPG
    photo(1).JPG
    530.9 KB · Views: 64
Only load temps matter for the important results, idle temps are always better so no real reason to measure them to compare much. Your air cooled stuff will be cooler for sure.

Awaiting your 30 min stress test. Make sure to reord room air temps on the idle and load tests before and after. 2C more in room temps is 2C more in load tests.

Everything seemed to run 3c cooler.. ran stress test for 1hour never passed 51c..

First time i ran prime 95 for 1hour, i had the ram cooler over the ram directly no angle, had it pulling from ram and got 54 as a high(dont have pic of the data to show that)

Attachments

• Prime 95 1hour.. 3.4OC.png
    Prime 95 1hour.. 3.4OC.png
    107.5 KB · Views: 45
Back