• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Using Win7 for backup with Large Harddrive???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Viper69

Quick question..Trying to use Win7 to back up my new rig below.

Was going to backup to Seagate GoFlex 2.5/3TB drive.

Received this error below..Is there a fix for this. I haven't found one

Thanks in advance

The backup failed.

One of the backup files could not be created. (0x8078002A)
Additional Information:
The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error. (0x8007045D)

i believe i have heard that windows backups will only work on drives 2TB or smaller=(
maybe someone who has done one can correct me if im wrong.

I believe Win8 has overcome this barrier..but I'm not changing OS anytime soon.

I know I can use Norton Ghost ($$$$) or Acronis ($$), but if I could use something without spending money that is better. I was just looking to see if this has been fixed in Win7 somehow that is stable.

you best bet will probably be acronis not sure of any free programs for it tho they probably exist i wouldn't venture to recommend any without trying them first myself.

i have used ghost and acronis and both worked fine for me but then again i was doing my backups to DVD's.

I had Ghost years ago, it worked well, but man, it's a resource hog, and I couldn't completely remove all of Norton's software either!

Never used Acronis, what do you think of it, resource hog or not? What OS did you use it with??

non of the norton products are resource hogs like they once were i used to hate them too but they are pretty good now ive been using norton 360 for some time now(free from comcast)

last time i used acronis was on vista it didnt use any resources unless i was currently doing a back up, in truth i dont really do backups the same as i used to since my move to SSD's, these days i keep my SSD clean and save files created in like 3dsmax on an internal/external HDD and do clean installs of my OS should something bad happen to it.

i found i was spending just as much if not more time running backups and restoring from them and re updating everything then i was to just start from scratch with a clean OS.

Back