• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UV Reactive paint

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oroka Sempai

So, I painted the inside of my case radioactive green, then afterwards, I got the idea of putting a UV light in my case and make it glow.

So yeah, my paint is not UV reactive. So I am considering ways to make it glow inside. First is get UV reactive paint... problem is that after shipping, it is $40 for a single can of spray paint.

Next idea is spraying it all with hairspray. Apparently hairspray glows under a UV light, but would it glow white/blue or would it glow greenish like the paint under the hair spray?

you can find a florecent version of your color it will react with the uv lights but you might have to clear coat it but in the end its still cheaper than 40 bucks

I doubt I will find Tremclad Key Lime in florescent. But I will have a look to see what is offered in florescent that is close. A light spray might do the trick.

thats kind of a problem, most uv reactive paints are the hard fluor colours like red, green, blue, yellow, orange, perhaps purple, basically only the 3 base colours and 3 first combined colours...
im not sure what your case looks like, but lime green isnt the typical radiactive green I know (thats tipical fluor(fluorizing) green)..

Can't you just get green UV paint and yellow UV paint, mix em till you got the right shade of yellow-green and still get decent UV reaction.

I know most hardware store carries pink. orange, yellow, and green paint in fluorescent range.

Back