• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

V ram on AN35N

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Those are nice, but the stock unit will do fine if you lap it and put some thermal compound on it to replace the crappy tape that Colt mentioned. Adding the fan will make a bigger difference than the Zalman will.

Regards, Balrog

40mm fits the best

I took the fans off one of the Vantec HDD coolers I mentioned and mounted one on the NB and hung the other off my AGP card blowing on the SB sink. You can use the Vantec HDD aluminum fan frame for making some small sinks for your mosfets and SB as the blue anodized finish looks sweet on the blue MoBo! These are very quiet fans but you could always volt mod them to 7V to quiet them further if you like. An 80mm on your NB is overkill IMHO and it would be difficult to install as there isn't much room if you have a large HSF on your CPU.

I had the NB drawing air through the sink as it was mounted very close to the fins but I had the SB fan blowing down on the sink.

Regards, Balrog

Just Rev 1.1

You'll probably want to flash at least the "G" BIOS update if your board doesn't come with it installed as it has the missing multis from the original BIOS that most of us bought.

Using a Windows bootdisk with the .exe file on it is the way I prefer to flash.

Regards, Balrog

i tried the two methods. and i felt bad during the rewriting of the bios the two times. and my computer ahas no floppy reader it is in my drawer :D
Who the h*ll still uses floppy @ this time ? we're in 2k4 not in 2k4 B.C.

Yeah I just use it for flashing BIOS and running Memtest.

When they stop making cases with 3.5 bays I'll probably give up on the FDDs - You've got to fill the bays with something you know.
:D

Regards, Balrog

Yeah I unterstand, but you can put leds or cold cathodes in 3 1/2 bays ;)
An other question, what is the buindle of the mobo, and what's on the cd ? drivers and what else?

Back