• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

variable resistors on frio fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shant

hello, im wondering whats the ohm value of the variable resistors that comes with the frio on each fan? i wanna replace it with a better,bigger one,something that turns longer so id have more control over the speed
also is it possible to use 1 pot for both fans? so if i increase the speed, both fans spin at the same speed?

okay i just realized how stupid i am, i can just measure it with my multi meter lol
just measured it on 20K and it shows 8.82, does that mean its 9 kilo ohm or just 9ohm?
im kind of confused

Well, there is two leads. You turn it one way, it ddecreases, the other way, it increases.

What is the min/max? Yu have it disconnected from the PSU/mobo right?

You also have to take into account the wattage. Too small of a wattage rating = smoke.

8.82 is 8.82K Ohms.

You want a pot that has a lower minimum value. It's probably close to zero already. Get new fans.

english please?, i can't understand completely sorry :\
well the pots that came with the frio are from 0 to 8.82, i havn't installed the frio yet, i disconnected the pots then measured them yes

well guys, i rechecked them and they are variable between 0 to 10 kilo, i tried installing one 10 kilo to both fans but it didnt respond well to the potento meter

Back