• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vcore exceeding settings.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mr_brood

Hi all!

As I am quite new to overclocking I decided to take it easy on my first one.
I read at multiple pages that my i5-6600K would run fine at 4.4ghz, so with manual Vcore, prime 95 and HWMonitor it looks like settle with a 1.22V under load (temps under or just touching 80°C).

Now since I want to not give the full 1.22V at all times I like to set the Vcore to adaptive.
However when I set my Vcore t adaptive @ 1.22V and 0.001 offset. During a stress test it'll still reach higher numbers (around 1.28).

Is there a way around this, did i miss something?

Thanks in advance!

Moved to Intel motherboards where more appropriate
You might want to use a straight offset instead of adaptive. Adaptive gives the motherboard more control over the voltage.

alright i see, would this be the right way to put it? Naamloos.png
Or do i have to change the values?

If the voltage is going too high lower the offset

Oh i get it, so you just keep lowering it till the Vcore under load was the stable one you found during manual.
Thanks a lot makes it a lot more clear!

Can also try to set manual 1.22V and enable C1, C3, C6 ... states. Depends on motherboard and OS settings, it will also drop voltage and CPU multi.

evening, How do we set the stable voltage to be forced on Gigabyte z370 mobos ? hows this option named in gb mobos ?, ive tried different combinations but vcore seems to be floating anyways.
cheers

evening, How do we set the stable voltage to be forced on Gigabyte z370 mobos ? hows this option named in gb mobos ?, ive tried different combinations but vcore seems to be floating anyways.
cheers

Set CPU core voltage to a fixed value then LLC to Turbo.

Back