• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vdroop and the 990FXA-UD7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey guys, I have a suspision that vdroop is the reason why I cannot seem to get my OC on my 955 in this board over 3.6 at 2600 on the NB. I am not too concerned about this as I got this board mainly for the Zambezi....HOWEVER, my BIOS version is F3 and if you go on Gigabyte.us and go to the ud7 page and under downloads you can navigate to BIOS downloads. Here you can see that there are F4 and F5 updates to the BIOS as well and I am hoping that these will help.

However, when i try and use @BioS to update it doesn't allow me to upgrade to anything but f3 so I will try and do it the q-flash way later. but has anyone else upgraded to f5?

I was running F5, now I'm on F7f and it made no difference to the vdroop. Gigabyte have really let us down with this board. A BIOS update could easily take care of these problems.

Not bugs just missing features. Features that other manufacturers have managed to add through BIOS upodates

Unfortunately more hardware was needed to address the problem. Like I said in the other thread, if a BIOS update could fix the problem they'd have sent me one when I asked instead of a diagram to hard mod the board.

I solved the problem by selling this POS motherboard. What a load of crap that they implement the LLC on later revisions so the early adopters (the enthusiasts) have to suffer.
Gigabyte wont have my business for a long time.
Im going to enjoy my new 1155 Intel board from Asrock.

I solved the problem by selling this POS motherboard. What a load of crap that they implement the LLC on later revisions so the early adopters (the enthusiasts) have to suffer.
Gigabyte wont have my business for a long time.
Im going to enjoy my new 1155 Intel board from Asrock.

I've ordered an ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX and am selling my UD7. I'll never buy Gigabyte products again.

Back