• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Version 6.10.43

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't suppose it has anything like stop work on GPU(s) when computer is in use?

If not then having a manual option to stop it is the next best thing ...! :)

I think I worded it wrong, when you right click on the BOINC icon, you now have the option to 1) Snooze and 2) Snooze GPU.
So I guess you can snooze it all or just snooze GPU. The reason this matters to me is beacuse of this stupid FB game I check/play every morning for about 15 minutes. It helps to suspend the GPU while playing, even though I have the option checked to not use it while the comp is in use.

That would work for my grandkids. I'd been wondering what to do since I'm putting an 8800 (old, I know) into one of their rigs and want to make sure the GPU isn't running while they're playing on it.

Running the CPU while they're playing isn't a problem, been doing that for over a year now ... :)

That sound kinda cool.
Quiet Ice, BOINC 6.10.18 has the option of stopping GPU work while the computer is in use.

It does? I'll have to look for that - thanks! :) This is the first time I've worried about stopping BOINC when the computer is in use. The only other GPU I've got running is on the file server - no video load there even on those rare occasions when I'm accessing it directly ... ;)

Advanced -preferences -untic "use GPU while computer is in use".

I had to do this of my wife's machine.

its alot easier to right click the boinc icon instead of having to go into the options and uncheck use gpu while computer is in use

Back