• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Vertical Benching Station

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
And here are some pics of my system, after completing this set of upgrades:

Final1.jpg

Final2.jpg

Final3.jpg

Updates might slow a little as I’m going to work on other projects and start my next new one. But definitely next on the agenda on this system:

Push the overclock!

Any recommendations on good free tests for cpu benchmarking?

Last edited:
Looks great on the vertical station! The cables coming OFF it could use a little wire tie treatment though. ;)

As far as tests, all of the ones we use in CPU reviews are free, with the exception of AIDA, which you can use without paying for. Our list:

AIDA64 CPU, FPU & memory tests
3DMark Vantage, 3DMark 11 & 3DMark Fire Strike, HWBot Heaven Xtreme (from most- to least- CPU impact)
7zip
Cinebench R10
Cinebench R11.5
there is a new Cinebench R15 now too
x264 Benchmark
PoV Ray
SuperPi (1M & 32M)
WPrime (32M & 1024M)

Thanks, I will post some baseline numbers next.

The cabling is a bit embarrassing, especially for me! But I'm actually still doing tweaking, which means moving that table around, so I don't want to get everything too secured till I'm settled. Just swapped out my 500gb Samsung 840 for a 840 pro! Little bit zippier on game loads.

Bump 'cause I'm annoyed...what a shame that Photobucket screwed everyone over by trying to charge you a ransom in order for us to view your photos.

Access to lots of valuable images has been lost.

Thanks! Probably have a thousand pics amongst my threads. I will update the photo links when I can. Probably this thread after I finish my current thread.

Great to hear that you are going to update the links!
I feel the same way Navig, I actually was talking to my son about building a case for him. Went onto your links to get some ideas and was disappointed to see most of them the pics are gone. They are truly works of art and it would be a shame if the pics were gone for good.

Additionally, the Raptorpit forums was hacked, and have shut down. I had my Navig's Mod-Link-O'rama hosted there with a complete list of all my threads. So I've sort of been set adrift with my digital presence.

Fortunately, I did NOT use photobucket to actually store my images, just host. So it is only a matter of time before I restore all my threads.

However, this is for me a pure hobby outside of my full time job, so it will take some time.

Additionally, the Raptorpit forums was hacked, and have shut down. I had my Navig's Mod-Link-O'rama hosted there with a complete list of all my threads. So I've sort of been set adrift with my digital presence.

Fortunately, I did NOT use photobucket to actually store my images, just host. So it is only a matter of time before I restore all my threads.

However, this is for me a pure hobby outside of my full time job, so it will take some time.
Well maybe you need to quit your job and start building cases for a living. :D Let me just say I appreciate that you post these builds on the site. I love seeing the new ideas you come up with and the time you put into the builds :thup:

Just to let folk know, after a bit of a hiatus, I am back.

I am updating all the pics on this thread.

As of right now, this case mod is my own personal system--however I did update it during the winter, so once I am done re-hosting all the photos, I will post and update

Just to let folk know, after a bit of a hiatus, I am back.

I am updating all the pics on this thread.

As of right now, this case mod is my own personal system--however I did update it during the winter, so once I am done re-hosting all the photos, I will post and update

Heya Navig! Good to see you. :)

Teaser update.

Still working on re-hosting all my photos. Getting there soon.

Just a little teaser to the update that went down in the fall of 2019.

New%2Bcomponents%2Bunboxed.jpg

Also, this is still my main system, and I am even updating as I type!

Update Novermber 2015

Upgraded the video card to a GTX 980 Ti.

GTX%2B09-%2BTi.jpg

Prepped for the EK waterblock.

Noctua%2Bis%2Bon.jpg

Full coverage waterblock.

EK%2Bheatsink%2Bon.jpg

And back plate

EK%2Bbackplate%2Bon.jpg

Getting prepped for mounting.

Prepped%2Bfor%2Binstallation.jpg

And ready to go!

Installed1.jpg

Installed2.jpg

This card served me well for the next few years. Think I played my way thru GTA 5 and Fallout 4 with this card.

Back