• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

very slow USB/memory card tranfer rates

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shiltz

Been trying to figure out why but so far I haven't had any luck as to why when I transfer files to my mp3 player or onto my memory stick pro duo it trasfers excesivly slow, not even 1MB/s and the mp3 player is USB 2.0 and the memory stick supports 15MB/s write speeds.

Does anyone have any idea as to what is causing it? I know it is this computer because if I put my mp3 player in my second computer it transfers files much faster, this computer has windows XP sp2 so it does have the proper drivers for USB 2.0.

Normaly it's not a big issue but i'm trying to put some movies on my memory stick to play on my PSP and it's taking around 15 mins for a 500ish MB file :/

Well I finaly ended up figuring out the problem, somehow something happened to the PCI to USB host controller driver, re-installed it and now it's transfering at the proper speeds :)

I'm glad you found the problem. I was going to suggest you check the BIOS. I've seen USB 2.0. disabled as the default more than once and USB 1.0 speeds are a lot slower.

Back